This week, I spent some time trying to figure out if my son is a genius or just lucky. Somehow he always manages to insert a USB cable the right side up. I tested it repeatedly.
In the newsletter:
⏲️ The best non-gaming Twitch feeds covering everything from food to Mystery Science Theatre 3000.
⚽ Messi and Ronaldo star in Shrek.
🛸 UFO videos from the Pentagon.
📰 From the Newsroom
The things that kept me busy this week. 🕴️
Watching Amazon is weird. Amazon partnered with SXSW to release the SXSW 2020 festival films to all North American users. All you need is an account, and maybe a VPN, to watch them for free from April 27 until May 6.
Recipes It's going to be a while until I get back to the States to visit with a good meatball sub (and my family). So, I tried this harissa meatball pita because I like to imagine myself as both a fit man and a cook. Easily my greatest achievement.
What I'm trying to learn Front-end. I can barely spell CSS, so finding a good way to practice my limited skills is high on my agenda. This curated list of front-end challenges is perfect for level jumping. I have been looking at a lot of courses, so these tips on learning are very useful.
WordPress online I am also spending a few hours at the free WP Feedback Virtual Summit. There are still two days of talks left covering eCommerce, mental health, SEO, and more.
Meditation I am not sure if I shared this in the past, but Balance is a meditation app that is fairly easy to get started with. They are currently offering a free year for new users.
⛓️ Ten Must See Links of the Week
- Messi and Ronaldo deep faked into Shrek.
- The Eternal Jukebox generates an eternal, ever-changing version of a song.
- The unofficial pitch for a point and click Seinfeld game.
- Click baity? Sure, but the Pentagon released three UFO videos.
- This website will self-destruct if it doesn't get at least one message every 24 hours.
- Create blurred, invisible, or redacted text on your website using CSS.
- 10 ways to improve your mobile page speed.
- Some interesting ways to clear your terminal. If you're not using the steam train, then you're not living.
- How leading agency went 100% sustainable at work and home.
- For our friends in the US, the inside track on trading is what senators are trading.
If you have a link you'd like to share, then share it via a reply to this email. I read everything.
If you are reading this for the first time, then add your name to the sign up sheet here