This week in weird and wonderful tech: deep fakes go mainstream, Russia cuts itself off from the internet and casting pears before satellites.
We have a bunch of must-read links from all over the web including tips for deep focus, seventy years of NBA stats in one visualization, Hummers, and a grumpy website that calls out all the annoying things on the internet.
📰 From the Newsroom
🕸️ The Cool Side of the Web
Ten Must See Links From Around The Web
- An amazing data visualization of seventy years of the NBA.
- If mansplaining was a car, then it would be a Hummer. How did that car ever become so popular? The full story explained here.
- Music for programming is a site with the best music for intense concentration. It also happens to look great.
- How to run a great all-hands meeting without saying "beer me".
- Stay focused at work using deep work methods.
- What can you expect from Drupal 9?
- Grumpy website is for anything tech that grinds your gears.
- 8MB flash, boots in 6 seconds. A business card that runs Linux.
- Use generative art as placeholders. It even provides eight different styles ranging from art through Commodore 64 art program to Joy Division.
- Use your free time wisely; the most valuable things you can learn in an hour.