📰 From the Newsroom
⛓️ Ten Must See Links of the Week
- The Russian version of LotR.
- The secret of synchronization.
- 18,000 NPR listeners voted for the best Muppet. Yes, it is controversial. The Count is a top 10 Muppet at least.
- A useful list of Canva alternatives.
- Who could resist a title like this: "We can do better than sociopathic business as usual".
- A great time to be alive if you like portraits of smug aristocrats. The Louvre put its entire collection online
- Ranking the Kindles.
- Animated time-lapse of London's growth from Roman town to megacity.
- The hitchhiker's guide to online anonymity.
- Saltscapes: mirrors reflect the Sky in an Australian salt flat lake.
🧮 The numbers game
- 7,000 individuals from nearly 2,000 public agencies have used Clearview AI to search for people.
- 130 million tonnes : predicted carbon emissions from Bitcoin mining in China by 2024.
- 65% of surveyed European startup founders rated VCs as “low value-add” who “tried, but failed” to bring anything of value beyond money.
That's it for the week. If you have links to share, then my emails are always open. Simply reply to this email to land in my inbox.
If this is the first time you're seeing this email, and you'd like to get more, then sign up here.
Have a great month, Chris.