It's been a weird week with me questioning my child-rearing skills. I sat down to breakfast with my son and he pointed at Darth Vadar on my shirt saying, slowly, carefully and with great certainty "I want to be him". My wife and I are now sleeping shifts.
🎧 The Joe Rogan Experience becomes Spotify presents: The Joe Rogan Experience.
📹 The trippy experience of watching 3 seconds from thousands on unviewed videos on YouTube.
🧑🏿🤝🧑🏿 How the big apps got their first 1,000 users.
📰 From the Newsroom
⛓️ Ten Must See Links of the Month
- Astronaut plays a few seconds of clips from YouTube which have close to zero views. There are gems aplenty. The singers from Argentina were the best thing I saw this week.
- Build it, and a community, and leverage influencers, and invite your friends, and print flyers, and they will come. How big consumer apps got their first 1,000 users.
- I'm not a huge basketball fan, but this drinking game has interested me in The Last Dance.
- A cool example of variable fonts on hover.
- Find the invisible cow in a game of hot or cold.
- I had some fun with Human Benchmark even if it revealed that my typing speed is slow, my reaction speed questionable, and my visual memory forgettable. Good times.
- If Stanley Kubrick had ever made his portfolio site, then this is how it would look. This is a great read and incredible view with transforms and animations that will make you weep.
- An old but entertaining collection of photos of animals who look like they're about to release an album.
- I've never been good at making networking work for me. But, after the pandemic I am going to get better at it. This is where I started my reading.
- Wholegrain Digital's sustainable starter theme, Granola is now even better.
That's it for the week.
If you have a link for me, then my emails are always open. Simply hit reply to this email to land in my inbox.
If this is the first time you're seeing this email, and you'd like to get more, then sign up here.
Have a great week,