It's been a while since I sent this email. In the last month, the dog has taken over the couch entirely. We celebrated my son's third birthday. And, we decided to move to a new, actual, house.
However, I discovered that I don't have enough time to send a weekly newsletter. For the rest of the year, at least, this will be a monthly newsletter. I am also looking for guest editors. If you'd like to have a crack, then send me an email.
♾️Another twist in the podcast battles 🏨 Just look out random windows around the world 📱 The best app for transforming your iPhone into a web cam
📰 From the Newsroom
⛓️ Ten Must See Links of the Month
- Today, I've already watched pigeons from a window in Doha, talked to balcony beagle in Bangalore, and swayed to songs in Stockholm. Window Swap has interesting window views from all over the world.
- Help the Curiosity Rover navigate Mars by labeling images of the Martian terrain.
- The CIA Freedom of Information Act Reading Room is like a rabbit hole if the rabbit was an all-powerful necromancer who spoke in riddles.
- I played CS 1.6 in the browser for a few hours to verify it was still fun.
- Great animations for hover menu effects.
- Camo is currently in Beta but access is available for anyone who wants to look human in video meetings. Works with both iPhone and iPad to provide a pro webcam at with filters. Way, way, way better than the standard Mac offering.
- Start sending your own email newsletters. The tutorial is good even with a strong focus on one provider.
- Clients are great, obviously, but sometimes they don't quite know how to tell you what they want. Try some of these valuable insights into getting information out of clients based on techniques acquired In UX workshops.
- A neat web app built on Heroku. Drive and listen lets you cruise through the streets of the world while listening to different local radio stations.
- I'm 90% sure I will seriously consider switching to cloud hosting this year. These are the best options. However, I have excluded AWS because I know I am not smart enough to understand the pricing.
That's it for the week.
If you have a link for me, then my emails are always open. Simply hit reply to this email to land in my inbox.
If this is the first time you're seeing this email, and you'd like to get more, then sign up here.
Have a great week,