In the captain's chair is front-end developer extraordinaire Cristi. Cristi is a lover of cats, so you know his internet skills are sublime. This month he found a bunch of great tools, news, and tidbits.
🙅♀️ Popular subreddits go private in protest against censorship.
🍕 Domino's thinks their robot car delivery car will help them make more dough.
🎧 Free audiobooks.
Cristi & Chris
📰 From the Newsroom
⛓️ Ten Must See Links of the Month
- Find free alternatives to any software with alternativeto.net
- If you like your robots to answer questions, meet Wolfram.
- Hacksplaning provides security training for developers.
- Use Hipster sound to trick your brain into thinking you’re working from a restaurant, in underwear.
- The ultimate guide to starting an online store with WordPress.
- Facts to make you smarter with factslildes.
- Librivox has public domain audiobooks. Search by author, title, subject, and language.
- Adobe finally release a tool that doesn't require hours of torrenting. Remove backgrounds from any image.
- 10 great mental models for web professionals.
- Learn how to remove any account that you don’t use anymore with account killer.
🎤 It’s How They Said It
🧮 The numbers game
- 1966: The first time people were fooled by AI. Joseph Weizenbaum's ELIZA program simulated a psychotherapist and users took it very seriously.
- 320,000 mph (515,000 kilometers per hour): The speed of the Parker Solar probe as it passes by the Sun.
- $5 billion: The money Verizon is getting for AOL and Yahoo.
- 30%: Apple's cut of digital goods sold through the App Store. Their court case against Epic started on Monday.
That's it for the week. If you have links to share, then my emails are always open. Simply reply to this email to land in my inbox.
If this is the first time you're seeing this email, and you'd like to get more, then sign up here.
Have a great month, Cristi and Chris