This month, I will handle the duties. A lot happened in May, so let's get to the big news:
💥 The largest DDoS attack in Belgium's history knocked the government offline.
⚒️ Police looking to bust harmless pot growers find malicious BitCoin miners.
💸 How many TV shows did Amazon get for around $8 bn?
📰 From the Newsroom
⛓️ Ten Must See Links of the Week
- High, Ho, High, Ho, it's not what you think, officer, oh no. Police try to raid pot growers but find BitCoin mining operation instead.
- Just a cool video of the sounds ice makes when dropped into a deep hole.
- Unlike MySpace profiles, blogs are full of things we're proud of. Posthaven is a cheap blogging platform built to last.
- Redact lets you mass delete your content from social media.
- Seriously trippy images made for a United Airlines ad campaign. Think Mc Escher meets himself in one of his drawings.
- James Clear has put together a useful guide to motivation.
- Smart people like this one. A tool for generating ids from integers.
- People like me tend to enjoy this one more. Shady URL will make your URLs shorter and suspiciouser.
- Finally! An update to Snake. Avoid the red stars in Sinuous.
- New type of Aurora Borealis discovered. The amazing thing is that you can see it without entering the kitchen.
🧮 The numbers game
17,000 - The number of TV shows Amazon acquired as part of the deal to buy MGM.
200 - Hours it took to build the first house 3D-printed from raw earth.
25 - Years it took for Internet Explorer to come to an end. Makes sense.
0 - The number of nonverbal cues that give away a liar when they're in the process of liaring.
That's it for the week.
It turns out that the reply-to address was wrong, so I wasn't receiving any emails. I am not sure that's what they meant by move fast and break things, but there are no wrong interpretations.
Starting today, if you have links to share, then my emails are now open. Simply reply to this email to land in my inbox.
If this is the first time you're seeing this email, and you'd like to get more, then sign up here.
Have a great month,