This week we have mighty back-end dev, Uriahs, in the captain's chair. He's picked out a bunch of fantastic links for you. I only regret that we couldn't make this an audio newsletter because the dude has voiceover quality tones.
Still, you'll enjoy the following regardless:
💵 Google plans to ban sugar daddy apps from the Play Store.
🎤 Uber to offer free language lessons to their best drivers.
🎨 Code as art.
Uriahs and Chris.
📰 From the Newsroom
⛓️ Ten Must See Links of the Month
- I didn't know this happened, but if you woke up and suddenly inside a random WhatsApp group? Here’s how to prevent unknown users from adding you to WhatsApp groups.
- Ever wanted to view your browser console on a mobile phone while debugging a website? It’s possible with Google Chrome Mobile.
- Ahh, that passive income. Every internet entrepreneur’s dream, put in a little work here, a little work there, then sit back and watch their online store earn money while they sleep. What a dream! Here's how to start.
- Coding is an art - Most developers will tell you that. But this is what true art in the world of code looks like.
- Working with clients is great until you hear the dreaded words "Can we add..." How to balance price, timeframe, and scope in project management.
- Here's a twofer. Ariana Grande will be the latest superstar to enter the virtual world of Fortnite Concerts. In case you’ve never heard of such a thing, here’s a look back at Travis Scott tearing up the virtual space.
- Do you Rust? No, not the programming language. Improve your survival skills by renting out a private Rust Server or make it public so that other players can join. Here are the best providers.
- xkcd's take on 'Hopeful spirit'.
- This website allows you to fill in that emptiness during quiet workdays or when you are trying to relax, with beautiful natural “noise”.
- Spotify Plus is currently being tested with a limited number of users who'll pay $0.99 to get those sweet, sweet unlimited skips and hear fewer ads.
🧮 The numbers game
- 8.4% - The record-breaking drop in Robinhood's share value on the day of their IPO.
- $10 - The price Amazon is willing to pay for your palm print biometrics (store credit only).
- $1.5 trillion - The amount wiped off Chinese tech stocks following a government crackdown.
- 47 minutes - Total time the International Space Station was spinning out of control following a docking-thruster incident.
That's it for the week. If you have links to share, then my emails are always open. Simply reply to this email to land in my inbox.
If this is the first time you're seeing this email, and you'd like to get more, then sign up here.
Have a great month, Chris & Uriahs.