This month, we've dragged Mustafa away from the developer's sanctuary and given him some real work to do. What did he find? Check it out:
💾 Hard drives might soon be replaced by DNA.
🫁 What would happen if the planet lost oxygen for 5 seconds.
🔍 You can be invisible soon
Before we dive into the links, a quick announcement, this month is my final month on the project. One of my colleagues will take over the editing role with more great links to come. Thanks for reading ❤️
Chris & Mustafa
📰 From the Newsroom
⛓️ Ten Must See Links of the Month
- You too can create portraits with HTML and CSS, just like Goya.
- Shane Fu is a digital artist creating surreal installations.
- CoD maps recreated with Lego.
- Which cloud is better than 9? Google Cloud vs AWS.
- Assuming I have grandkids one day, they'll never believe 3D printed rockets seemed so amazing.
- Green camouflage might be great for making you disappear in the jungle, but what about in the city? Scientists may finally have an answer.
- 96% of the best YouTube videos start as a conversation between two stoners. What would happen if Earth lost all of its oxygen for 5 seconds.
- WordPress security tips.
- Remember math problems involved nothing more than the Queen's mangoes? Things just got real with researchers using new calculations to predict how waves will ricochet off a ship's hull.
- Classic iPod interface in JS for Spotify and Apple Music.
🧮 The numbers game
- 700,000 - Peak number of concurrent players playing Amazon's New World on launch day.
- 700TB - Amount of data Alphabet's Project Taara laser beamed across nearly 5km.
- 146 miles (235 km) in four minutes - The climbing rate of Japan's new shock wave propelled rocket engine.
- 10% - Average increase in the pandemic work week.
That's it for the week. If you have links to share, then my emails are always open. Simply reply to this email to land in my inbox (for a little while longer at least).
If this is the first time you're seeing this email, and you'd like to get more, then sign up here.
Have a great month, Chris & Mustafa.